Activity Support Officer (3 positions)
The Activity Support Officer (ASO) is a junior level position. ASO is required to provide administrative support to enable the efficient and effective operation of Prospera’s Engagement Areas (EA). This position will support the Lead Adviser, Project Officer and advisers to manage day-to-day office activities. The position will support project implementation through logistical support and organisation of events.
The ASO is required to provide a full range of administrative support for the EA, including:
1. Arrange Travel and Accommodation
• Determine appropriate travel and accommodation needs for events
• Clarify purpose of travel and proposed itinerary
• Identify travel and accommodation requirements
• Suggest/identify preferred options for travel and accommodation bookings to Prospera’s Management Support Team (MST)
• Finalise itineraries for events and distribution
• Liaise closely with logistics, travel and administrative staff at the Prospera MST office.
2. Provide assistance with planning and executing special events including workshops, trainings, focus group discussions, and duty trips, including sourcing suppliers, identifying/contacting participants and assisting with activity budgeting.
3. Manage Engagement Area petty cash, including:
• Administer petty cash for activities and operational expenditure
• Regularly check Engagement Area petty cash advances for expenditure to ensure appropriate authorisation is in place
• Ensure invoices and timesheets for monthly salary payments of personnel are correctly rendered for payment
• Ensure supporting documentation for processing payments of airfares, accommodation, allowances and acquittal are complete and accurate.
4. Assist in the development of activity budgets, including:
• Develop and seek approval of budget for all training activities, workshops or seminars
• Ensure activity budgets are developed/updated in line with Prospera Guidelines
5. Organise and administer activities, including:
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining adviser incoming and outgoing records during their period of assignment in-country and if necessary, arrange visa applications of International Advisers
• Coordinate with MST on Adviser visas and KITAS supporting documents
• Assist in organising meetings, seminars, workshops, appointments, and the preparation and distribution of documents, photocopying, and translator and interpreting assignments
• Provide oral translation/interpretation from Bahasa Indonesia into English, and vice versa, for Advisers in meetings and other activities with GOI counterparts, as required
• Organise and supervise outsourcing of translation services, when bulk translation is required
• Assist with data searching and information compilation to support Lead Adviser and program activities, as required
• Undertake record keeping and ensure it is in line with Prospera’s record management guidelines
• Support other EA activities, and represent the EA in the Prospera fortnightly staff meeting.
6. Act as a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Focal Point to provide support to Prospera’s M&E Team with activity tracking and monitoring, data collection, database administration, and M&E related coordination with counterparts, as required.
Please access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria here
You will be a motivated and proactive ASO with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. The Selection Criteria includes:
1. Undergraduate degree, or associated qualifications combined with relevant practical experience (minimum 2 years), or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Strong computer skills and good knowledge of relevant software applications
3. Experience with arranging events, trainings to a large scale, arranging travel and field visits for Indonesian government officials as well as for team members and foreign visitors
4. Relationship building skills to work closely with a variety of partners
5. Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s)
6. Demonstrated experience in effectively networking, both internally and externally. Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
7. Familiarity to DFAT or international organisation work routines, processes and procedures.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
(i) Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
(ii) Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
(iii) Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
(iv) Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
(v) Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
(vi) Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
The remuneration will be set according to Prospera’s Remuneration Framework and within Discipline Group B, Job Level 2 with starting gross salary from IDR11,900,000. The remuneration level at which the Activity Support Officer (ASO) is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages)), with the reference number #028 Activity Support Officer (ASO) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, 28 June 2019. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.