Prospera seeks to recruit a Digital Adviser to report to Head of Markets and Competitiveness (under Prospera’s Breakthrough Outcome 1 of “Expanding Markets, Creating Jobs”). The Digital Adviser will play the main coordination and advisory role in Prospera-wide work to assist the Government of Indonesia in pursuing successful digital transformation and developing a thriving digital economy. This will be achieved by providing sound policy analysis and advisory, coordination and technical support, and capacity building in support of policies and other enablers for successful digital transformation, drawing from appropriate global best practices.
The Digital Adviser will provide advice on strategic directions, coordinate, manage, and identify opportunities for the delivery of a complex work agenda on digital transformation. She/he will have extensive experience advising senior government officials and supporting reform in the digital area. The ability to build and maintain relationships with senior members of government, effectively communicate to a range of audiences, promote collaboration and innovation, and provide leadership as well as manage projects is critical. Experience working in related areas in Indonesia context is highly desirable.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience as follows:
- Advanced qualifications in digital transformation strategy, economics, public policy, or other areas.
- At least 10-15 years’ experience working in policy analysis and advisory, with proven track record in designing, supporting, and evaluating policy reform, and in communicating policy recommendations to high-level government officials. Experience in Indonesia context highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of digital economy and transformation, its corresponding regulatory issues and requirements, as well technological landscape and trends that are relevant to digital transformation in Indonesia.
- Deep understanding of the Indonesian economy including its economic structure, trends, potentials, and challenges.
- Good working knowledge of Government of Indonesia Ministries, governance systems, regulations, policy processes and decision -making mechanisms to execute work in this area.
- Strong track record of project development, execution, and management, under tight deadlines and with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly proven effective working relationships with senior government officials, consultants and experts, and industry stakeholders, and ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams of international and national experts.
- Excellent communications skills in English (verbal, written, and presentational). Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework Group D, Job Level 3, for all nationals. The remuneration level at which the Digital Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience. The role is based in Jakarta- Indonesia (currently WFH).
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria, max 3 pages for cover letter), with the reference Digital Adviser. Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Wednesday, 27 October 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.