Prospera is seeking to engage a high-calibre and strong subject-matter expertise adviser for a full-time position as a Development Economist to provide the expertise to our Gender and Social inclusion team. This is a full-time position.
The Adviser is expected to deliver, among others:
- estimating the likely social and economic costs of COVID-19 on poor and vulnerable groups using a gender and social inclusion perspective;
- monitoring and assessing the reach and adequacy of policy responses on these groups;
- drawing out policy recommendations for both medium-term and future response;
- supporting Prospera GESI team to respond to GESI specific COVID-19 related requests by Prospera Advisory, Australian Public Servise partners and Prospera’s GOI counterparts; and
- supporting Prospera and markets team with work underway on skills matching. The major outputs will be input into Prospera’s policy notes and tailored advise and support provided to Prospera’s advisory teams, APS teams, and relevant Government of Indonesia counterparts.
The complete scope and deliverables are outlined in the Term of Reference.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidates will possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Post-graduate degree in Development Economics or Gender Economics.
- 15 or more years’ professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues facing Indonesia; relevant secondary literature; and national socio-economic datasets.
- Track record of high impact academic and policy publications on gender, poverty, inequality and social mobility on Indonesia.
- Extensive experience leveraging data and evidence to advise Government of Indonesia on gender and social inclusion challenges.
- High level of communication and presentation skills, including oral and written.
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group B, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages), with the reference Development Economist. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Wednesday, 2 December 2020. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.