Prospera is seeking to engage a high-calibre and seasoned talent to provide the short-term service as a Senior Adviser for its Public Sector Reform (PSR) team to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. This position will support Prospera’s work on institutional reforms, people and organisation structures with partner economic agencies. The Adviser will undertake research and political-economy analysis of public sector issues impeding the effectiveness of Prospera’s partner agencies and advise on good practice organisational change to deliver economic growth. The Adviser will also provide post Covid 19 pandemic analysis on institutional mechanisms to further enhance Indonesia’s Covid-19 response delivery and economic recovery initiatives.
The Adviser will have an excellent understanding of internal governance and decision-making arrangements in the Indonesian government agencies, be able to design, deliver and evaluate organisational change initiatives, which may include leadership and organisational capabilities, internal change management, business process improvements, human capital improvements and bring good practices from the Australian Public Service partner agencies.
Please click on this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience to support (technical area) and policy making processes, including:
- Master’s degree in public administration (or related organisational development qualifications) and at least 5 years’ relevant practice-based experience on organisational development / civil service -issues. Public service experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, political-economy analysis and organisational diagnostics on civil service policies and practices
- Proven track record in the design, delivery and evaluation of organisation development capacity building initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of internal governance and decision-making arrangements in the Indonesian government and translating these into operational decisions.
- Strong ability to provide professional support to senior Indonesian government officials, and Australian government officials and to engage with other development partners.
- Excellent communication skills, including networking and relationship skills and written communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 3 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Senior Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Applications must be received by 5 pm (Jakarta time) on Wednesday, 16 October 2020. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.