Senior Economist (Labour and Skills Lead) Opportunity
Prospera is seeking for a Senior Economist (Labour & Skills Lead) to lead Prospera’s Labour and Skills team assisting the Government of Indonesia to achieve the goal of strong, inclusive, and sustainable growth through a competitive and inclusive labour market, responsive skills ecosystem, and with future-ready workforce. This will be achieved by providing sound evidence-based analysis in support of continued labour market reform and creating the right ecosystem for the upskilling and reskilling of Indonesia’s current and future workforce. In one of the world’s largest labour markets adapting to the changing nature of work, this role is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of new policy development.
The Senior Economist (Labour and Skills Lead) will provide strategic direction, identify opportunities for, and manage the delivery of a complex work agenda, with capacity to manage a team. The successful candidate is someone with prior extensive experience advising senior government officials and supporting reform in public policy areas.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience as follows:
- Advanced qualifications in economics, labour economics, labour policy, or related areas
- At least 10 years’ experience working in policy analysis and advisory, with proven track record in designing, conducting, and supervising research projects and in communicating the findings and recommendations to high-level government officials in Indonesia.
- Deep understanding of the Indonesian economy including its economic structure, trends, potentials and challenges and of the GOI policy making process and familiarity of government decision-making mechanisms.
- Strong managerial skills and experiences in practical planning, budgeting, and executing of complex policy change activities.
- Strong track record of project development, execution, and management, under tight deadlines and with multiple stakeholders.
- Performance and human resource management within a team with diverse skills and experience levels.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly proven effective working relationships with senior government officials, consultants and experts, and industry stakeholders, and ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English (verbal, written, and presentational).
- Proficiency in relevant software e.g. Excel, Stata, R, or SPSS.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT’s Adviser Remuneration Framework Group C Job Level 4. This position is open for international candidates. The role is based in Jakarta- Indonesia (currently WFH).
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria, max 3 pages for cover letter), with the reference Senior Economist (Labour and Skills Team Lead). Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Sunday 05 December 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.