SENIOR POLICY ADVISER (Labour and Skills)
Prospera is seeking to engage a high-calibre and strong subject-matter expertise adviser for a full-time position as a Senior Policy Adviser (Labour and Skills) to lead Prospera’s work on skills development in Indonesia. In one of the world’s largest labour markets adapting to the changing nature of work, this role is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of new policy development.
The Adviser will be responsible for setting Prospera’s strategy, directing analytics, and initiating national-level policy and activities with government of Indonesia and Indonesia private-sector partners to create a skills ecosystem. The Adviser will have expertise in labour markets, education policy (with a focus on vocational, university education and adult learning) and be adept at developing strong relationships with the Indonesia government officials, business, and labour groups.
The complete scope and deliverables are outlined in the Term of Reference.
Please access here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidates will possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Advanced degree in labour economics, social sciences, technical and vocational education and training, or human resources development.
- Strong experience at a senior level (at least 10 years) undertaking labour-market analysis and providing national-level policy advice in the area of skills development.
- Deep understanding of the processes and policies that drive human capital formation in emerging markets, and their gender and social dimensions, with a focus on vocational and higher education and business investment in training.
- Proven track record of working with government officials and engaging with private sector in formulating national-level policy.
- Excellent written communication skills and fluency in English (written and oral) including advocacy and presentation skills.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 3 to 4. The remuneration level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday 11 December 2020. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
About Cardno – Managing Contractor of Prospera
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.