SENIOR TAX POLICY ADVISER
Prospera is seeking to engage 2 (Two) high-caliber and strong subject-matter expertise advisers to provide short-term advisory to the government of Indonesia through engagement with our Revenue team. The Advisers will support the analysis of the existing income tax system in Indonesia, the development of a study on a medium-term income tax policy reform strategy and its implementation roadmap, and detailed proposals on changes in income tax policy. The Advisers are expected to have in-depth knowledge and more than 15 years of experience in income tax policy analysis and design in developed and developing countries, and the ability to assess the impact of different income tax policy options on equity, effectiveness (including in revenue generation and economic efficiency), and simplicity.
The complete scope and deliverables are outlined in the Term of Reference. Please access this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidates will possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Advanced qualifications in economics, public finance, public policy, law, or related areas from a reputable institution.
- At least 15 years’ experience in, and significant technical knowledge of income tax policy analysis, including in developing country contexts.
- Strong economic analytical skills and demonstrated the ability to produce high-quality tax policy papers/publications.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver complex tax policy reforms, including sensitivity to the political economy environment, with experience in Indonesia or emerging/developing countries desirable.
- Experience in practical planning and executing tax policy analysis and change activities.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with the most senior government officials, and the ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment.
- High-level communication skills (verbal, written, and presentational) in English; with language skills in Bahasa Indonesia (desirable).
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group D, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the Advisers are engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing, and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. www.cardno.com/careers