PROSPERA is looking for an experienced and capable COMMUNICATION ADVISER to lead Prospera’s Communications Strategy and work with PROSPERA teams to deliver outcomes. This is a full-time position based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The Adviser will have outstanding report writing skills, be able to formulate analytical insights and trends (preferably from economic source information) and experience managing a portfolio of resources to support multi-media communications.
The Adviser will develop creative ways to deliver economic reform messages with Prospera teams and government partners and also lead project communications, contributing to Prospera’s performance and knowledge management. The Prospera pivot to support Indonesia’s economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic has increased demand for agile and compelling communications products at senior executive-level, and experience in innovative presentation design and digital communications is a plus.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- 10 to 15 years’ relevant experience in communications, journalism, multi-media, public affairs, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Exceptional English writing skills; demonstrated ability to generate original ideas and spot intriguing patterns in data.
- Demonstrated experience managing a communications function for development programs, (preferably with DFAT).
- Leadership and initiative, including sourcing and managing resources to deliver data visualisation and multi-media communications.
- Strong track record in meeting deadlines, scheduling, and prioritising tasks.
- Indonesian experience is desirable, particularly with economic government agencies and other communications experts.
- Preferred professional experience in writing about economics and financial markets.
This role is suited to a candidate with a background in economics or business journalism; or an economist with high quality communication skills and a track record of reaching a wide audience.
About the program
PROSPERA is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, PROSPERA is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to ARF Discipline Group A, Job Level 3. The remuneration level at which the Communication Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 22 February 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.