Data & Policy Analyst On Disability Inclusion
Prospera seeks to recruit a Data & Policy Analyst to (a) update a study on the state of disability in Indonesia; (b) contribute to the development of a conceptual and methodological framework to estimate the extra costs of living with a disability, and (c) participate in a series of three Prospera hosted policy discussions with Government of Indonesia partners, development partners and organizations representing people living with a disability. These will be to share and validate results, and inform relevant policies and programs promoting disability inclusion.
The Data and Policy Analyst must have relevant qualifications: (i) in quantitative data analysis; (ii) a good grasp on Indonesia’s national level surveys; (iii) previous experience in identifying and engaging with end users of research results; (iv) ability to communicate complex research results in an accessible manner; and (v) a strong command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Scope of Services
The key roles and responsibilities of the contractor will be following:
- Preparation: Work with Prospera’s Gender and Social Inclusion team and Economics and Inclusion team to develop and finalize the study design, method, engagement and dissemination strategy.
- Implementation: Conduct quantitative studies based on the methods agreed.
- Validation and policy implications: the contractor will present in 1 Prospera hosted disability coordination workshop with Government of Indonesia agencies, development partners, and organizations representing DFAT to disseminate results and seek inputs and feedback on policy implications from end users.
- Results: Document the results in a report, power point presentation and a 4-page policy brief. The brief must summarize the main findings and highlight policy implications. It should draw on feedback and inputs from the validation workshop.
- Final dissemination: Present findings at 1 Prospera hosted brown bag lunch seminar, and 1 Prospera hosted policy roundtable discussion on disability inclusion for Government of Indonesia partners.
The position is expected to deliver the following outputs over the term of the contract to the satisfaction of the PROSPERA’s Gender and Social Inclusion team:
- Output 1: Detailed timeline, workplan, draft outline.
This should include detailed methodology for updating the 2017 Monash University study, including the justification in selecting data sources and methods of analysis. This should also include an outline for estimating the costs living with a disability. The contractor is expected to provide a detailed breakdown of all estimated costs, including estimated number of experts involved in the study, their roles, and number of working days.
- Output 2: Preliminary results in word and power point format.
- Output 3: Presentation of results and methodology design in three events hosted by Prospera.
- Output 4: Final completion report, power point presentation and 4-page brief- incorporating feedback and inputs from Output 3. This should be in a format supplied by Prospera and approved by Prospera’s Senior Adviser (Gender and Social Inclusion) at the completion of the assignment.
The contractor is expected to regularly seek advice and input from Prospera’s Gender and Social Inclusion Team and Economics and Inclusion team.
Please access this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria here
About you (Selection Criteria)
The Data & Policy Analyst will possess strong qualifications and experience to support (technical area) and policy making processes, including:
- Post-graduate qualifications in Economics, Statistics, and/or other relevant Social Sciences with strong quantitative underpinning.
- Proven track record in statistical data analysis and familiarity in analysing Indonesia’s household surveys. Previous experience working on disability issues will be an advantage.
- Ability to identify and engage with relevant users of research results.
- Proven track record of high-quality research reports and presentation of research results that meet clients’ standards.
- Ability to operate under strict time limits and apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high level of professionalism;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia. Preferably Jakarta-based.
The contractor must supply: cover letter, resume (including contact information of two referees), at least two previous work samples.
All outputs will be home-based. The contractor will be expected to attend meetings at Prospera’s office, as and when needed. The consultant will report to Prospera’s Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor and will work closely with Prospera’s Economics and Inclusion Team.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
- Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
- Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
- Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
- Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
- Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
- Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages)), with the reference number #… Data Analyst Consultancy (DAC) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on September 5, 2019. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com