Economist (Budget Policy)
Prospera seeks the services of an Economist (Budget Policy) to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) counterparts to develop and improve fiscal policies and strategies. The Economist will work closely with counterparts to undertake economic analysis with the main objective of improving policy formulation and targeting of spending programs. In particular, a key focus of the Economist will be to provide a stronger evidence base for spending decisions by assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of government spending and providing recommendations on how spending can be re-allocated to higher-value investments. The Economist will need a strong experience in economics, data analysis, and public policy.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field such as economics, public financial management, or public policy.
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience in economics and quantitative analysis.
- Strong financial, economic, and public policy analysis skills, including experience, or at least familiarity, with a range of economic analytical frameworks, including various kinds of econometric techniques, and other quantitative and descriptive methods that could be deployed to support the GoI’s agenda.
- Strong understanding and familiarity of microdata and sub-national budget data with the ability to develop alternative data from non-traditional sources if necessary.
- Experience in conducting research projects and policy development on a range of topics relating to fiscal and/or public policy.
- Experience working in Indonesia desirable, including strong networks in the Indonesian public policy sector.
- Experience to work collaboratively within a team with diverse skills and experience levels.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of clear deliverables.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 2, for Indonesia national. The remuneration level at which the Economist (Budget Policy) is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience. The role is based in Jakarta- Indonesia.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria, max 3 pages for cover letter), with the reference Economist (Budget Policy). Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 25 Apr 2022. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.