ECONOMIST (BUDGET POLICY) OPPORTUNITY
Prospera is seeking to engage an Economist (Budget Policy) for its Spending team to be based in Jakarta, as a part of Prospera’s role in assisting Government of Indonesia to develop and improve fiscal policies and strategies. The Economist will work closely with government counterparts to undertake economic analysis to improve medium-term fiscal policies and budget allocations.
The scope of the Economist (Budget Policy) relates to the following area:
- Spending quality analysis.
- Identification of fiscal space.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics with relevant postgraduate qualifications highly desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in, and significant technical knowledge of macro-fiscal economic policy. Experience with public spending reviews and public financial management highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience working on the Indonesian economy and with Indonesian policymakers.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia (both written and oral).
- Proven ability to work independently, and to take initiative to progress deliverables.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 2/3 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Economist (Budget Policy) is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages), with the reference # Economist (Budget Policy). Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 25 January 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.