Prospera is seeking to recruit an Economist for the team of Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs (CMEA) Hub. The role will be to bring strong economic analytic and policy assessment to Prospera’s support of government agencies and work with stakeholders in the Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs as well as across other engagement areas. The policy analysis will reflect expertise and knowledge of economic policymaking, particularly in the Indonesian context. It is envisaged that the Economist will focus on a broad policy based analytical agenda including major macro-economic developments (national and international) and inclusive growth, the financial sector, the private sector development, the trade and investment sector, as well as the revenue and spending policy issues.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Economics or Public Policy and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the area of economics and quantitative analysis.
- Understanding of the Indonesian economy and available data on the Indonesian economy as well as understanding of Indonesia’s engagement in international fora (knowledge of Indonesia’s role in G20 would be a plus).
- Experience in analysing the Indonesian economy and/or other economies.
- Experience in Fiscal policy – at the macroeconomic level as well as the policy issues on the revenue and spending side of the budget.
- Computing proficiency with competency in the use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as one or more econometric software packages.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English (both written and oral), including advocacy, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write a concise report in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 2 open for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Economist is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria, max 2 pages for cover letter), with the reference Economist (CMEA Hub). Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Sunday, 31 October 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.