Economist (Disability Inclusion)
An exciting opportunity is available to join Prospera for an Economist (Disability Inclusion) to undertake analytical and policy work as Prospera supports the Government of Indonesia to realize its vision for disability inclusive development. As a part of Prospera’s Gender and Social Inclusion team, the Economist will work with Prospera’s teams, Indonesian government partners and other stakeholders to undertake economic and regulatory analyses and influence policies that promote disability inclusion across Prospera’s three main breakthrough outcomes.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate must possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Post-graduate qualifications in Economics, Statistics, and/or other relevant Social Sciences with strong quantitative underpinning. An appreciation for mix methods and transdisciplinary approaches will also be required.
- A minimum of 5 year-experience advising government and development partners on a range of public policy issues related to poverty, inequality, social inclusion. This must include a track record of experience working on disability inclusion.
- A sound grasp of issues and approaches to disability inclusion globally and in Indonesia;
- In-depth knowledge and experience using Indonesia’s national survey data (SUSENAS, SAKERNAS, IFLS, CENSUS, SUPAS etc.).
- Proven track record of producing high-quality research reports and presentation of research results that meet clients’ standards.
- Ability to operate under strict time limits and apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high level of professionalism;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia, and an ability to communicate complex policy messages in an accessible manner;
- Skilled in using software for quantitative data analysis, such as SPSS, STATA, R.
- This position is for Indonesian nationals based in Indonesia.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 2/3 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Economist is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience. This is a full-time position and will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team.Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 17 May 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.