Economist (Private Sector Development)
Prospera is looking to engage an Economist (Private Sector Development) with a sound knowledge of Indonesia’s private sector landscape, understanding of best practices in related policy and regulations, and the technical capability in linking economic data and policy analysis with the existing regulatory framework in Indonesia. The Economist will also assist with various engagements and projects with GOI including conducting surveys and studies, capacity building activities, writing policy briefs and papers on such topics, and socialisation of policy changes.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in economics, industrial economics, or related areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and strong technical skills in economics and quantitative policy analysis. Experience in conducting research on topics relating to private sector development is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of the Indonesian economy and familiarity with the GOI policy-making and regulatory framework process including strong networks in the Indonesian public policy sector.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of clear deliverables including written reports and policy advice to senior levels of government and a wide range of other stakeholders.
- Good relationship management skills with different stakeholders within and outside of the team, and the ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English (verbal, written, and presentational).
- Proficiency in relevant software e.g., Excel, Stata, R/Python, and/or SPSS. Knowledge and working experience with text mining/natural language processing and web-scraping will be a plus.
- Familiarity with industry datasets (Statistik Industri BPS), economic census, SME statistics and other relevant datasets.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 2 for Indonesia national. The remuneration level at which the Economist is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience. The role is based in Jakarta- Indonesia.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria, max 3 pages for cover letter), with the reference Economist (Private Sector Development). Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 18 Jul 2022. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing, and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary, and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments, and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.