Economist (Trade and Investment)
The Economist (Trade and Investment) works within the Trade and Investment team under the Breakthrough Area 1 of Expanding Markets Creating Jobs, aiming to build a robust private sector through an enabling environment for job creation, capital formation and technical innovation.
The Economist will provide the analytical framework and the quantitative analysis to support the regulatory reform and policy development in trade and investment to improve the competitiveness of the Indonesian economy.
The Economist will bring specific expertise and strong knowledge in trade, investment, and regulatory reform and skills in quantitative economic analysis.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in economics, a specialization in International Trade will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in research on the Indonesian economy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of economic concepts and policies, trade in goods and services, strong research and technical skills, particularly quantitative analysis skills.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of international trade concepts and rules, international and regional trade issues with respect to RCEP, ASEAN AEC, WTO, and bilateral trade agreements, and other emerging trade-related issues.
- Computing proficiency in one or more statistical and data management software such as R, Stata, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write a concise report in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Experience building relationship and working with government representatives, public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
About DT Global
DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 2, for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the position is engaged will be based on the successful candidates’ relevant skills and experience. This is a full-time position, based in Jakarta.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than three pages) with subject Economist (Trade and Investment). Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time), 12 October 2022.
Kindly note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DT Global is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. We are committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), and bribery prevention. DT Global is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, men, people with diverse backgrounds and people living with disabilities to apply. This program is funded by the Australian Government and Managed by DT Global.