PROSPERA is looking for an experienced and capable Economist (Trade) to support the activity stream, “Opening Markets and Adopting International Economic Agreement”. S/he will bring specific expertise and knowledge in trade, investment and competition policy. S/he will support the development of trade, investment and competition policies designed to improve the competitiveness of the Indonesian economy and private sector.
The Economist (Trade) is expected to:
- Provide high level, technical and public policy advice and analysis: provide creative and innovative analytical support to the Senior Adviser in Trade and Investment and support implementation of work to open markets and adopt International Economic Agreements.
- Capacity Building: deliver materials for capacity building activities conducted for or by the Government of Indonesia.
- Relationship building: build and maintain relationships with counterparts throughout the Government of Indonesia and the private sector. The Trade Analyst is expected to be able to forge these relationships at all levels of government.
- Supporting Logistical Arrangements: help preparing and organizing technical activities held for the benefit of counterparts.
- Client Orientation: have a deep appreciation for a client-oriented approach and have flexibility with respect to the hours of work needed to achieve client goals.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Master’s degree in economics, with minimum of three years’ experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trade in goods and services, economic concepts and policies, global value chains, research and technical skills, including quantitative analysis skills.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of international and regional issues, with respect to RCEP, ASEAN AEC, WTO, and bilateral engagements.
- Willingness to work long hours as required, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organizations and other stakeholders.
- National Indonesia is preferred.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
- Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
- Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
- Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
- Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
- Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
- Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 2. The remuneration level at which the Economist (Trade) is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages)), with the reference number #035. Economist (Trade). Please click on this link for application: https://clientapps.jobadder.com/41217/cardno/3448232. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, October 25, 2019. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.