International Expert for Time-Use and Women’s Agency Pilot Study in Indonesia
Prospera seeks to engage an international expert to provide technical support to Prospera’s joint initiative on time-use and agency pilot study with Investing in Women and other partners. The expert will be expected to advise Prospera GEDSI team to design appropriate methods to elicit agency overtime allocation, analyse the collected data, and formulate knowledge products to inform policies and programs to advance women’s economic participation.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in gender economics, development economics, and/or relevant disciplines with a strong gender and development underpinning, and 10 years of relevant research and teaching experience.
- Strong track record of high-impact academic and peer-reviewed publications.
- Proven experience in advising policymakers and/or development partners to design and implement research or survey projects in multiple developing/emerging countries with topics related to gender, women empowerment, or other social inclusion themes.
- In-depth understanding of time-use surveys and behavioural experiment design, implementation, and analysis.
- Extensive experience in teaching and capacity development.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis and processing skills.
- Ability to operate under strict time limits and apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, under strict timeline. The position is open for international or Indonesian nationals with multi-country experiences..
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 2, for Indonesia national or international. The remuneration level at which the International Expert is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience. The role is home-based.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria, max 3 pages for cover letter. The application must be received by 5 pm (Jakarta time) on Wednesday, 1 June 2022. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation, and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.