Prospera is seeking a number of interns, for placements up to six months, to assist with range of skills that can include, data collection, cleaning and analyses; reviews of literature; written and oral translation; communications, research, and logistical support. The Prospera internship program will be particularly suitable for current students or recent graduates interested in gaining first experience working across a wide range of pressing economic policy issues in Indonesia.
Areas of potential placement include:
- Activities to support trade, investment and effective regulation, improve ease of doing business and reducing barriers to Indonesia’s participation in global value chains;
- Assist activities that support creating a stable and efficient financial sector;
- Engage in activities that involve strengthening the effectiveness of public sector agencies including organizational change and change management in the context of policy reforms;
- Building better taxation and revenue systems in Indonesia;
- Improving the quality of government spending, including through planning and budget reforms as well as special policy studies on specific areas of budgetary outlays;
- Supporting Prospera with knowledge management, performance and learning; and
- Supporting integration and understanding of gender and social dimensions within economic development.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/4264/tor-prospera-interns__feb19-v2.pdf
Potential intern candidates will possess qualifications including:
- Graduate or undergraduate student, or working towards graduation, in relevant discipline (such as economics, finance, trade, political science, public policy or areas related to Prospera thematic work).
- Aspirations to gain experience working on any of the list areas of potential placement.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy under pressure.
- Prior experience using Microsoft products as well as relevant statistical software packages.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
(i) Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
(ii) Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
(iii) Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
(iv) Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
(v) Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
(vi) Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending an up to date CV and an application letter that highlights your background and area of interest on the program (please nominate which area of the program you would like to be placed), with the reference number #023 Internship Program to email@example.com. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, 17 May 2019. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.