Prospera Markets team is seeking up to 2 intern(s) to support research that would contribute towards markets expansion and job creation across Prospera’s portfolio of work. Specifically, the intern will assist with data cleaning and analyses; review of literature; written and oral translation; support in convening seminars and other events; communications, outreach, and logistical support. This internship program will be particularly suitable for final year students, fresh graduates, or postgraduate students in Economics, or other related disciplines, who are interested in gaining firsthand experience working on trade, industry, labour, and broader economic issues across a wide range of pressing economic policies in Indonesia. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. The final selection will be merit-based.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications including:
- A recent graduate, postgraduate student, or final year student in Economics, Econometrics, Development Economics, Statistics, or other related quantitative-focused disciplines, with a strong appreciation for policy analysis.
- Aspirations to gain experience working on trade, labour and industry issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy under pressure.
- Prior experience and proficiency in using statistical software packages, particularly STATA. Experiences in using other statistical softwares will be appreciated.
- Experience in micro level data crunching especially household survey data, firm-level survey data, trade data will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, PROSPERA is a planned five-year investment.
The interns will be provided with daily internship allowance, paid on monthly basis. Internship duration is from 3 months to 6 months.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by:
- Sending your resume and covering letter that highlights your background and area of interest (no more than three pages), with reference Interns (Markets). Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Tuesday, 14 September 2021.
- Optional: Writing sample with strong quantitative analysis.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.