Prospera is seeking to engage a full-time Research Officer (RO) to be part of its Economics, Finance and Inclusion (EFI) team, based in Jakarta.
The RO is expected to deliver the following:
- Provide the analytical foundation for Prospera’s works in addressing the analytic needs of engagement areas, responding to new and emerging policy issues, and framing macroeconomic policy issues.
- Undertake research and data analysis related to economics governance and policy issues: macroeconomic development and inclusive growth, the financial sector, private sector development, as well as the revenue and spending policy issues.
- Support preparation of papers and presentation materials, as well as coordinate and present analysis of economic policy issues assigned to EFI Engagement Area.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics and/or a related discipline are essential, with post-graduate qualifications preferred. Strong quantitative skills will be essential.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working on economic policy and related economic issues.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on difficult, but well-defined tasks; articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge and experience working on the Indonesian economy and with Indonesian policymakers.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
Prospera aims to achieve three “breakthrough” outcomes:
- Expanding markets, creating jobs (Better regulation for private sector growth; More open trade and investment; Safe and efficient transport to move people and goods).
- Safeguarding economic and financial stability (Better framework to deliver macro and financial stability; Increased supervision and regulation of financial sector; Combatting financial crime).
- Improving public finances and government performance (More revenue through better tax administration and policy; More effective public spending with better budget systems; Greater transparency and accountability of government).
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 1 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Research Officer is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages), with the reference number #054 Research Officer (EFI). Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, 17 April 2020. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.