Review of the Implementation of the Omnibus Law on Job Creation
Prospera is seeking the service of a qualified consulting firm (Consultant) to assist the GoI undertake comprehensive review and evaluation of the implementation of the Job Creation law, from the regulatory, economic, and user perspectives.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
Prospera has been supporting GoI throughout the process of preparing the Job Creation Law and the drafting of some of the implementing regulations. In continuation of Prospera’s support to GoI on the Job Creation Law, Prospera is seeking the service of a qualified consulting firm (Consultant) to assist the GoI undertake comprehensive review and evaluation of the implementation of the Job Creation law, from the regulatory, economic, and user perspectives. These tasks will require practical strong expertise and experience to conduct legal and regulatory review/analysis of business licensing, investment and sectoral regulations at the central and local level, strong technical skills to deliver policy analysis and economic impact assessment of the reform, as well as private sector engagement expertise including experience in conducting private sector survey.
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia and the Government of Indonesia working with the Coordinating Minister of Economic Affairs (CMEA). It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Prospera is funded by the Australian Government and implemented by Cardno.
About the Role:
The objective of this activity is to provide comprehensive review and evaluation of the implementation of the Job Creation Omnibus Law, from the regulatory, economic, and user perspectives. This study will help GoI to identify gaps in implementation of new laws and regulations and recommend future reform pathways to ensure effective implementation of the Job Creation Law towards its desired outcomes.
Responsibilities and duties:
The tasks that the Consultant is expected to complete are the followings:
- A review of government and other regulations developed to implement the Job Creation Law, in terms of their completeness, effectiveness, and efficiency towards the desired outcomes of the Law in relation to investment environment and employment creation:
- Develop a framework(s) to assess the impact of the reforms on the economy at the macro and sectoral levels
- Gather and assess feedback from users on their end-to-end experience on the application of the regulations and administrative processes related to licensing
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role and Request for Tender (RFT), please click here
The firm shall have:
- At least 15 years of proven experience in economic, legal, and policy research in Indonesia
- A team leader, supported by a team which includes senior experts in the areas of legal, economics, and private sector engagement
- Extensive knowledge of the Indonesia economy and economic policies in the past 15 years
- Extensive conceptual knowledge and at least 15 years of proven practical experience in regulatory review and sectoral studies in Indonesia.
- Commanding knowledge of the Indonesia regulatory system, national and regional.
- Commanding knowledge and familiarity of the Job Creation Law and the implementation regulations.
- Extensive understanding of the policy making processes and government decision-making mechanism.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera program. Please submit electronic copy of the bidding documents as required in the RFT. Kindly note that submission of a late, an incomplete or non-compliant set of required documents may result in tender being rejected.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 5.00 pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 4 October 2021.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
If you have any questions, please submit your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 05.00 pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 27 September 2021.