Senior Adviser (Budget Policy)
An exciting opportunity is available to join Spending Team for a Senior Adviser (Budget Policy) to develop and improve fiscal policies and strategies. The Senior Adviser will lead a team that will work closely with counterparts of government of Indonesia to undertake economic analysis to improve medium-term fiscal policy, aggregate budget allocations, and ensure budget transparency. In particular, a key focus of the Senior Adviser will be to manage and contribute to spending reviews which aim to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of government spending and to provide advice on how to improve the quality of spending in future.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field such as economics, public financial management, or public policy.
- At least 10 years’ experience in, and significant technical knowledge of, fiscal and/or public policy.
- Strong financial, economic, and public policy analysis skills, including experience, or at least familiarity, with a range of economic analytical frameworks, including various kinds of econometric techniques, and other tools that could be deployed to support the GoI’s agenda.
- Significant experience leading research projects and policy development on a range of topics relating to fiscal and/or public policy.
- Experience working in Indonesia desirable, including strong networks in the Indonesian infrastructure sector.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of clear deliverables and policy advice to senior levels of government, and a wide range of other stakeholders, to drive policy change.
- Ability to develop strategies, approaches, and work plans for development partner assistance.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group D, Job Level 3 open for international talent. The position itself is based in Jakarta (currently WFH). The remuneration level at which the Senior Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages), with the reference Senior Adviser (Budget Policy). Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 28 June 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.