Senior Adviser – Expanding Markets And Creating Jobs
Prospera is seeking to engage a high-calibre, strong subject-matter expertise with leadership ability for a full-time position as a Senior Adviser Expanding Markets and Creating Jobs. This position is to lead Prospera’s work in supporting the Government of Indonesia to boost private sector development, trade, and investment through economic reform.
The Senior Adviser will provide strategic direction, identify opportunities, and manage a team to deliver a complex work agenda. The Senior Adviser will have extensive experience advising senior officials, delivering policy inputs across business regulation, licensing, investment, trade, and key sectoral policy along with a capacity to manage a team. Experience working in related areas in Indonesia or emerging/developing country context is desirable.
The complete scope and deliverables are outlined in the Term of Reference.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidates will possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Advanced qualifications in economics, trade, competition policy or related areas.
- At least 15 years’ experience in, and significant technical knowledge of trade, investment, competition policy and microeconomic reform including in developing country contexts.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver trade and investment reform, with experience in Indonesia desirable.
- Strong project management skills and experience in the practical planning, budgeting and executing of complex policy change activities.
- Performance and human resources management within a team with diverse skills and experience levels.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with senior government officials, and ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment.
- High-level communication skills (verbal, written and presentational) in English, with language skills in Bahasa Indonesia desirable but not essential.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group D, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday 22 January 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.