Senior Adviser (Public Debt Management)
An exciting opportunity is available to join Prospera for a Senior Adviser (Public Debt Management) to support Prospera’s work in the context of improving Indonesia’s public debt management and in supporting Government of Indonesia (GoI) enhance its debt management strategy. Specifically, the Adviser will assist GoI improve their financial modelling in determining the optimal debt strategy. With Prospera support, s/he will advise the Ministry of Finance in building stochastic strategy and harmonizing existing models.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The Adviser will possess strong qualifications and experience to deliver the expected outputs:
- Tertiary qualifications in Economics, Finance, or Accounting. Post-graduate qualification and/or relevant professional certification such as CFA are preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience working on public debt management.
- Knowledge and experience working on the Indonesian economy, with Indonesian and international policymakers, are preferred.
- Mastery of R or Phyton programming language is a plus, spreadsheet modelling is essential.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is a plus, but not necessary.
- Proven ability to write a concise report in English.
- Ability to work under strict time limits and apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high level of professionalism.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience. This is a short-term consultancy and an international position.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 24 May 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.