Senior Adviser (Tax Administration)
Prospera is seeking to engage an experienced and qualified Senior Adviser (Tax Administration) to support the establishment of a carbon tax administration. The Adviser shall have deep knowledge and practical experiences in the administration of carbon (or green or environmental) taxes in developed or emerging economies. The Adviser is expected to have in-depth knowledge and more than 10 years of experience in various core functional areas of tax administration (i.e., taxpayer services, audit, etc.), including at least 5 years in carbon (or green or environmental) taxes.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- Advanced qualifications in Public Administration, Fiscal Policy, Engineering, or related subject, with technical knowledge environmental engineering as a strong advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in tax administration, tax accounting and reporting, tax compliance monitoring and auditing, including knowledge and/or experience in carbon (or green or environmental) tax administration.
- Understanding the conceptual framework and technical aspects as well as knowledge and/or experience in carbon pricing policy, carbon trading, and carbon tax, including the relationship among them would be preferred.
- Experience working with senior government officials on strategic/priority issues and excellent engagement with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong communication skills, including written, advocacy, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and ability to produce high quality presentations in English.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework Group D, Job Level 4, for international candidates. The remuneration level at which the Senior Adviser (Tax Administration) is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria, max 3 pages for cover letter), with the reference Senior Adviser (Tax Administration). Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Sunday, 23 January 2022. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.