Senior Coordinator (Financial Sector Development & Inclusion)
Prospera is seeking a full-time experienced and capable Senior Coordinator to provide leadership and technical services to the Financial Sector Development and Inclusion work stream. The Senior Coordinator (Financial Sector Development and Inclusion) will coordinate part of PROSPERA’s Economic Analysis activities, under the guidance of PROSPERA Economics, Finance, and Inclusion Lead Adviser including team management and activity coordination. This expertise is required to assist PROSPERA Economics, Finance and Inclusion in addressing the analytic needs of engagement areas, responding to new and emerging policy issues, framing macroeconomic policy issues and at the same time managing the team. The Senior Coordinator (Financial Sector Development and Inclusion) will oversee high quality work on economic and policy analysis/research of topics relating to PROSPERA core areas: macro-economic developments and inclusive growth, the financial sector, private sector development, revenue and spending policy issues. This position is also expected to lead technical discussion with GoI counterparts in close coordination with Lead Adviser(s) and relevant Senior Technical Adviser(s).
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- A Master degree in Economics and a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in the area of economics and quantitative analysis
- Expertise in economics evident in work experience.
- Understanding of the Indonesian economy and available data on the Indonesian economy.
- Performance and human resources management within a team with diverse skills and experience levels.
- Computing proficiency with competency in the use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as one or more econometric software packages.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English (both written and oral), including advocacy, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write a concise report in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Experience in analysing the Indonesian economy and/or other economies.
- Experience in collaborating on economic research and preparing presentations on economic issues.
- Experience working with government officials and engaging with various stakeholders in analysing and communicating government policies.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, delegating and managing performance.
A capacity to engage in one or more of the areas listed below is important. The areas are:
- Fiscal policy – at the macroeconomic level as well as the policy issues on the revenue and spending side of the budget.
- Macroeconomic structural reform related to market efficiency such as regulatory, trade, and competition policies.
- Financial sector policy both in terms of financial stability and development.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 3 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Senior Coordinator is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Monday, 12 April 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.