Senior Financial Sector Adviser
PROSPERA is looking for an experienced and capable Senior Financial Sector Adviser to support the Fiscal Policy Agency, the Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs, the Financial Sector Stability Committee (KSSK) secretariat and other relevant agencies with the necessary knowledge to carry out their functions. The support the Adviser is expected to provide includes (but not limited to): thematic economic courses and analysis, template report for KSSK and other supports for the Fiscal Policy Agency, CMEA, and KSSK.
The Adviser is expected to have at least 10 years of experience in macroeconomic and finance issues, exposure to working with the Government of Indonesia officials, able to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment, and proficient in English and Bahasa.
The candidate is expected to deliver:
• A detailed Work Plan, developed in consultation with the Lead Advisers of Finance, CMEA Hub and Economics and Inclusion Team;
• Report Template for Financial System Stability Committee (Komite Stabilitas Sistem Keuangan—KSSK) and research on sectoral risk profile;
• Courses on Macroeconomic Performance Assessment for CMEA, FPA, and relevant agencies;
• Focus groups/seminars/workshops to promote policy coordination among ministries and agencies;
• An economic model and/or economic indices that can capture the inter-relationship among private (corporate) sector, financial sector and the macroeconomy.
• Input Completion Report in a format supplied by PROSPERA and approved by the PROSPERA Finance Lead Adviser at the completion of the assignment
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
• At least Master’s degree in economics, finance;
• At least 10 years of experience with significant technical knowledge of macroeconomic and finance issues as well as private sector experience;
• Experience working with the Government of Indonesia;
• Experience working in Indonesia or South East Asia
• Able to develop strategies, approaches and work plans for development partner assistance
• Strong relationship management skills, particularly working with senior government officials;
• Ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment;
• High level communication skills and ability in written and spoken English and Bahasa; and
• Strong personal drive, initiative and desire for continuous improvement.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
(i) Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
(ii) Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
(iii) Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
(iv) Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
(v) Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
(vi) Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
The remuneration will be set according to ARF Discipline Group D, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the Senior Financial Sector Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages), with the reference number #032 Senior Financial Sector Adviser by clicking on this link https://clientapps.jobadder.com/41217/cardno/3430351. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, September 20, 2019. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.