Senior Health Economist (Adviser)
Prospera is seeking to engage a high-calibre, strong subject-matter expertise for a short-term position as a Senior Health Economist/Adviser to work with Market team in the context of strengthening Indonesia’s health sector and in supporting GOI to enhance Indonesia’s health security with greater private investment. The Adviser will engage with health sector stakeholders and produce a policy paper and presentation on economic and health costs of restricting private sector provision of health services in Indonesia. With Prospera support, s/he will identify health sector stakeholders in the Ministry of Health and engage with them on these policy options.
In addition to the Selection Criteria, The Adviser should also have the following:
- Substantial experience advising on health economics and policy in other countries and has preferably conducted economic analysis on the costs of restrictive health policies, including restrictions on health professionals, medical services, and products.
- A good understanding on how to enhance Indonesia’s health security by means of trade and investment and be familiar with issues related to licensing barriers for health facilities and for domestic and foreign health professionals; quotas in medical education; restrictions on trade of medical products (devices and pharmaceuticals) and impediments to the digitalisation of health services.
Please click here to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidates will possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Senior level academic qualifications in economics, business, law, public policy and/or a related area, with research and/or advocacy work focusing on health sector policy issues and market access in trade and investment.
- Demonstrated experience in advising on health sector policy in other countries and/or proven policy/advocacy work on health sector policy issues in Indonesia with 15 or more years’ professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of the role of the policy making process in Indonesia and familiarity with government decision-making mechanisms.
- Experience working with high level private and government officials and engaging with various stakeholders in developing, disseminating, and communicating reform proposals and economic analysis.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group D, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday 22 January 2021. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.