Value for Money (Short Term Consultancy)
Prospera is looking for an experienced and capable Value for Money Adviser to design and pilot a value for money framework at Prospera. The specialist will have demonstrable experience in developing value for money frameworks and undertaking value for money assessments for high value and complex economic reform programs. Familiarity with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s (DFAT’s) value for money principles is essential. The Value for Money Advisor will lead this activity as a co-design process with Prospera’s Knowledge, Performance and Learning team and with other Prospera.
The candidate is expected to deliver:
- Output 1 – Implementation plan: A workplan for the activity, in consultation with Prospera.
- Output 2 – Progress updates: Regular check in with the Prospera to discuss progress, share thinking and build consensus for the content of the final report.
- Output 3 – Matrix of tools and methods: The matrix of all tool and methods for the gold option should be presented and discussed with Prospera and selected member of the Prospera leadership team. Indicative costs of these options, and potential alternative recommendations for silver and bronze options should be referenced, (but not in detail).
- Output 4 – Draft Framework design document: Feedback from the Matrix of tools and methods, as well as other elements of the framework design document should be provided in the draft value for money framework design document. The document must fully detail the framework, and a practical approach for its implementation. The document will also include an annex the details the consultants proposed approach to support a pilot of the framework within Prospera.
- Output 5 – Final Framework design document: Final framework design document that incorporates and addresses all feedback from the Prospera review team
- Output 6 – Piloting the framework: Provide support to Prospera’s Knowledge, Performance and Learning team to pilot the framework, and produce a report of findings. The pilot scope will be specified in the design but may potentially be applied retrospectively to the start of Prospera.
- Output 5 – Input Completion Report: The completion report will be provided in a format supplied by Prospera and approved at the completion of the assignment.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Post graduate degree or commensurate experience specialising in cost-benefit analysis for development programs, and/or effectiveness evaluation.
- Demonstrable experience in developing value for money frameworks, and undertaking value for money assessments, for high value and complex programs, preferably working in in the field of economic governance.
- Familiarity with DFAT’s value for money principles is essential.
- A good understanding of Australian government M&E requirements and development context in Indonesia demonstrated by professional experience working with government and/or development agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, especially an ability to write in English succinctly and captivatingly.
- Skills in economics and public policy are an advantage.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
- Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
- Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
- Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
- Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
- Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
- Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
The remuneration will be set according to ARF Discipline Group C, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the Value for Money Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages)), with the reference number #031 Value for Money Adviser by clicking on this link https://clientapps.jobadder.com/41217/cardno/3428267. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, September 20, 2019. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org