The Head of Gender, Disability and Social Inclusion will work with Prospera’s teams, Australian government partnerships and other relevant development partners to ensure that gender and social inclusion considerations are integrated in activities and designed to help achieve strong, sustainable, and inclusive growth. The role will include building the capacity of advisers and counterparts to apply a gender and social inclusion lens to economic and institutional changes, and also applying economic lens to gender issues. The position will support the gender, disability and inclusion priorities of the Indonesian government and promote the Australian government’s gender and disability policies
Please click this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience as follow:
- Senior level academic qualifications in economics with a record of achievement evidenced by published research and/or policy advisory work.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience with demonstrable increases in responsibility, with a focus on economic data analysis and policy advice in the areas of gender, disability, and social inclusion.
- Experience in working in government across complex policy areas to deliver influence and outcomes. An understanding of internal governance and decision-making arrangements in the Indonesian government is desirable.
- Experience working with high level government officials and engaging with various stakeholders in developing, disseminating and communicating economic analysis and policy advice.
- Demonstrated ability to lead capacity building activities with team members and government counterparts.
- High level communication and presentation skills, and ability in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia is desirable.
- Quantitative skills such as econometric, statistical, and experience with quantitative software programs and/or coding is desirable.
- Prior experience working on economic governance programs and/or with Australian government is an advantage.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment, which has been extended for further 3 years until 28 February 2026.
About DT Global
DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.
For more information, please see www.dt-global.com
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework: Group C, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the position is engaged will be based on the successful candidates’ relevant skills and experience. This position is a long-term position, open for International and National Indonesian applicants.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than three pages) with subject Head of GEDSI. Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time), 15 Dec 2023, and kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DT Global is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. We are committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), and bribery prevention. DT Global is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, men, people with diverse backgrounds and people living with disabilities to apply. This program is funded by the Australian Government and Managed by DT Global.