The Research Analyst (RA) will provide the analytical foundation for Prospera’s work in providing advisory and technical support in emerging sectors, including ICT and digital economy more broadly, both on sectoral issues and horizontal policies.
The RA is expected to conduct research and data analysis to support the preparation of analytical outputs (presentation/report/brief of the economic analysis/policy assessment) of Breakthrough 1.1 Emerging Sectors. Under the guidance of the Emerging Sectors Lead, the RA will undertake research and data analysis related to economic and policy issues in emerging sector development. Strong research skills both quantitative and qualitative are essential. This role requires team skills including cross-team collaboration with other teams in Prospera as needed.
Please click this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience as follow:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, public policy, econometrics and/or a related discipline are essential. Post-graduate qualifications in economics or other relevant fields are preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working on economic policy and related economic issues. Knowledge or experience working on sectoral development and digital economy is highly desirable.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis with advance quantitative methods, including data analysis, on difficult, but well-defined tasks; articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Strong quantitative and advance econometric skills is highly preferred. Computing proficiency with competency in the use of Microsoft products as well as relevant software packages such as STATA, R, Python, etc. is highly desirable.
- Experience in contributing to policy reports, working papers, briefs, presentations, etc.
- Knowledge and experience working on the Indonesian economy and with Indonesian policymakers.
- Knowledge of the digital economy and transformation, its corresponding regulatory issues, and requirements, as well as the technological landscape and trends that are relevant to digital transformation in Indonesia is desirable.
- Good written communication skills with fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in data visualization is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with different stakeholders, including government stakeholders desirable.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment, which has been extended for further 3 years until 28 February 2026.
About DT Global
DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.
For more information, please see www.dt-global.com
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 1. The remuneration level at which the position is engaged will be based on the successful candidates’ relevant skills and experience. This position is a long-term position, open for National Indonesian applicant.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than three pages) with subject RA (ES). Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time), 12 Dec 2023, and kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DT Global is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. We are committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), and bribery prevention. DT Global is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, men, people with diverse backgrounds and people living with disabilities to apply. This program is funded by the Australian Government and Managed by DT Global.