We are seeking a Senior Economist (Macro Lead) position to coordinate a key aspect of Prospera’s macroeconomic analysis activities, under the guidance of Head of Breakthrough Area 2 – Macro, Finance, Climate & Energy. This expertise is required to assist Prospera in framing macroeconomic policy issues, responding to new and emerging policy issues, addressing the analytic needs of engagement areas, and managing a team. The Senior Economist (Macro Lead) will oversee high-quality work on economic and policy analysis/research of topics relating to Prospera’s core policy areas: Expanding Markets and Creating jobs (BT1); Safeguarding Economic and Financial Stability (BT2), and Improving Public Finances and Government Performance (BT3).
This position is also expected to support the Head of BT2 on technical discussions with GoI counterparts in close coordination with other Prospera Adviser(s) and relevant staff. The Senior Economist will support the Head of BT2 in developing strategic direction and ensure agreed strategies are implemented within their team. They will also provide support and assistance to identify opportunities across all Prospera Practice Areas and Centres of Excellence and manage and implement the delivery of a complex work agenda.
Please click this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
An advanced degree in Economics and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in economics and quantitative analysis.
Our ideal candidate
- Experience in analysing the Indonesian economy and/or other economies.
- Experience in collaborating on economic research and preparing presentations on economic issues.
- Experience working with government officials and engaging with various stakeholders in analysing and communicating government policies.
- Understanding of the Indonesian economy and available data on the Indonesian economy.
- A capacity to engage in all the following areas:
- Fiscal policy – at the macroeconomic level and policy issues on the revenue and spending side of the budget.
- Macroeconomic structural reform related to market efficiency, such as regulatory, trade, and competition policies.
- Financial sector policy both in terms of financial stability and development.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, delegating and managing performance.
- Performance and human resources management within a team with diverse skills and experience levels.
- Computing proficiency with competency in using Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and one or more econometric software packages.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English (both written and oral), including advocacy, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write a concise report in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment.
About DT Global
DT Global works in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative solutions that transform lives. DT Global – launched in 2019 – is built on legacy companies AECOM’s International Development Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries. We bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. Together, we aim to positively impact 500 million lives by 2045.
Our offer to you
- A 12-month contract with possibility of extension, up to 2026
- A competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- A supportive leave policy
- Flexible working conditions
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 3. The remuneration level at which the position is engaged will be based on the successful candidates’ relevant skills and experience. This position is a long-term position, open for National Indonesian and based in Jakarta.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than three pages) with subject Senior Economist (Macro Lead)
Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time), 9 June 2023, and kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DT Global is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. We are committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), and bribery prevention. DT Global is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, men, people with diverse backgrounds and people living with disabilities to apply. This program is funded by the Australian Government and Managed by DT Global.