The Climate and Energy Lead is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader to inspire a skilled team to positively shape the path of Indonesia’s energy transition and climate change policies. You will step into an organisation with a track record of innovation and a reputation as a trusted adviser to the Indonesian government, influencing real change. You will champion Prospera’s overall climate and energy strategy and work program. You will attract, guide and nurture a highly skilled and committed team. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide array of issues including carbon markets, energy policy and financing. Policy innovation and experimentation is encouraged with the full backing of senior leadership.
Please click this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience as follow:
- Advanced qualifications in climate change, energy, environment, economics, law, finance, or public policy and ideally a combination of fields.
- At least 10+ years of experience working with government on climate and energy policy, including expertise in one or more of the following areas: carbon pricing, emissions measurement, sustainable finance, energy policy, grid infrastructure development, and renewable energy technology.
- Understanding of Indonesia’s reform prospects for climate and energy within the next five years. Experience in Indonesia and/or emerging markets is desirable.
- Understanding of the institutional landscape of Australian and Indonesia government agencies, academic communities, and civil society organisations working on climate and energy issues is a plus but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver useful policy advice to government and strong relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with senior government officials.
- Excellent staff leadership and management skills and ability to inspire a team to achieve. Strong experience in strategic planning, budgeting and executing a work program.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing influential reports and presentations, and great interpersonal skills.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment, which has been extended for further 3 years until 28 February 2026.
About DT Global
DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.
For more information, please see www.dt-global.com
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Remuneration Framework Group D, Job Level 4. The remuneration level at which the position is engaged will be based on the successful candidates’ relevant skills and experience. This position is a long-term position, open for International and National Indonesian applicant.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than three pages) with subject C&E Lead.Application must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time), 8 Dec 2023, and kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DT Global is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. We are committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), and bribery prevention. DT Global is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, men, people with diverse backgrounds and people living with disabilities to apply. This program is funded by the Australian Government and Managed by DT Global.