Prospera is seeking to engage an Economist for its Economics, Finance, and Inclusion (EFI) team to be based in Jakarta.
The Economist is expected to deliver the following:
- Bring strong economic analytic and policy assessment to Prospera’s support of government agencies, capacity building program, and work with stakeholders across the engagement areas. The policy analysis will reflect expertise and knowledge of economic policymaking, particularly in the Indonesian context.
- It is envisaged that the Economist will focus on a broad policy based analytical agenda including major macro-economic developments and inclusive growth, the financial sector, the private sector development, as well as the revenue and spending policy issues.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
The candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- A Master’s degree in Economics or Finance and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the area of economics and quantitative analysis
- Expertise in economics evident in work experience.
- Understanding of the Indonesian economy and available data on the Indonesian economy, for the finance position; understanding of Indonesia’s financial sector issue would be a plus.
- Computing proficiency with competency in the use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as one or more econometric software packages.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English (both written and oral), including advocacy, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write a concise report in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Experience in analysing the Indonesian economy and/or other economies.
- Experience in collaborating on economic research.
- Experience in preparing presentations on economic and financial sector issues.
A capacity to engage in one or more of the areas listed below is important. The areas are:
- Fiscal policy – at the macroeconomic level as well as the policy issues on the revenue and spending side of the budget.
- Macroeconomic structural reform related to market efficiency such as regulatory, trade, and competition policies.
- Financial sector policy both in terms of financial stability and development.
- Private sector development and inclusive growth
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
Prospera aims to achieve three “breakthrough” outcomes:
- Expanding markets, creating jobs (Better regulation for private sector growth; More open trade and investment; Safe and efficient transport to move people and goods).
- Safeguarding economic and financial stability (Better framework to deliver macro and financial stability; Increased supervision and regulation of financial sector; Combatting financial crime).
- Improving public finances and government performance (More revenue through better tax administration and policy; More effective public spending with better budget systems; Greater transparency and accountability of government).
The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 2 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the Economist is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages), with the reference number #053 Economist (EFI). Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, 17 April 2020. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.